Welcome to the Gympie Turf Club
Our Club has been conducting race meetings in Gympie for 150 years, with the first race meetings held during the gold rush days of the late 1860’s. The Club operates from Adrian McClintock Park which is situated at Exhibition Road in Gympie and shares high class facilities with the Gympie Show Society.
The Club hosts nine race days per year with iconic meetings including the Nolan Gympie, Muster Cup and the Gympie Cup. Gympie is only one hour from the Sunshine Coast and two hours from Brisbane on the Bruce Highway - yet you will experience the feeling of a real country race meeting.
2019 - Gympie Racing is bigger and better!
We're giving away ANOTHER Car!
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY – 2019 CAR GIVEAWAY PROMOTION
The Gympie Turf Club Inc. is offering to giveaway a motor vehicle to a Turf Club patron in 2019. Patrons will be able to enter the giveaway at each race meeting throughout 2019 with the prize being drawn on the race day to be held on 23rd November 2019. Persons entering the competition agree to the following terms and conditions apply.
- Patrons will be offered an entry form upon entry to the races.
- The entry form must be filled out correctly and place in the competition barrel on the stage.
- Only patrons who are over the age of 18 years at the time of the draw are eligible to win the prize. Proof of identity will be required
- The prize will be drawn at the Gympie Turf Club at 4:00 pm on Saturday 23 November 2019 on the main stage.
- Patrons must be present at the initial draw. Patrons need not be present at the second chance draw or the draw in the event of the meeting on 23 November 2019 being cancelled.
- Patrons have five (5) minutes to present themselves to the Club officials on stage and claim the prize. Should the prize not be claimed within the stipulated time period another draw will be made.
- There will be a maximum of ten (10) draws. If after ten (10) draws have been conducted the prize has not been claimed the Club will conduct a second chance draw. In the second chance draw the entry forms that have previously been drawn out will be placed in a container and one entry form drawn therefrom. The entry form drawn out shall be declared the winner. The winner need not claim the prize immediately and will be notified of their win by the Club.
- Members of the Management Committee of the Gympie Turf Club or the spouses/partners are ineligible to win the prize.
- In the event of any dispute The Gympie Turf Club Management Committee will be the sole adjudicator and the decision of the Committee shall be final and binding on all parties.
- The winner shall have the choice of one (1) on the following vehicles supplied by the Madill Motor Group:
Toyota Yaris Ascent Hatch Manual 4 door
Mazda 2 Neo Hatch Manual 4 door
Suzuki Swift GL Hatch 4 door manual
Vehicles will be registered and third party insured.
Unless otherwise agreed the vehicle will be supplied from existing stock held by the Madill Motor Group. The approximate/maximum value of the prize is $17,000 (Seventeen thousand dollars).
- In the event that the race meeting is cancelled or abandoned prior to 12 noon the Club will conduct a draw at the Turf Club office to determine the winner of the vehicle at 9:00 am on the Monday immediately following the race day. The first valid entry to be drawn will be the winner of the vehicle. The winner does not need to be present to claim the prize.
- In the event that the race meeting is abandoned at any stage after 12 noon the Club will still conduct the draw at 4:00pm on that day with the above rules applicable.
Riding High on the Success of 2018!
The Gympie Turf Club and committee are riding high from the success of the record breaking year that was 2018 - our 150th Anniversary Year!
Year long celebrations culminated in a Gala Dinner on 23 November 2018 including racing royalty Winx Owners, Peter & Patty Tighe, Tony Gollan and Chris Munce. A highlight for the evening was photo opportunities with FOUR Cox Plates and a Melbourne Cup.
The racing season went off with a bang on Saturday, 24 November 2018 with 2,000 patrons, and a jam-packed day of action. The Gympie Turf Club hosted VIP's in our Trackside 'Champion's Bar', gave away $1,500 in cash prizes and culminated in the BIG ONE - the Car Giveaway!
Admission to the races is $12 for adults, $6 for pensioners. Admission on Melbourne Cup day is $15 for adults.
BAR | MARQUEES | DINING ROOM | TAB | BOOKMAKERS | GRANDSTAND